The Reaper™ is a patented miniaturized lightweight mechanical and hydraulic exoskeleton support unit mounted onto the wearers’ rear torso. A curved overhead support structure directs a narrow diameter cable attached to the shield with a quick release, effectively transfers all the weight of the shield onto a comfortable padded belt worn on the wearers’ upper hips.
• User positions the shield instantly and effortlessly at the exact level desired
• Eliminates user fatigue – increases physical endurance & performance
• Provides stable aiming platform for amazing weapon accuracy
• Not a reel – shield is suspended weightlessly in front of the user
• Mechanical and hydraulic components are fully contained within the vertical tube attached onto rear tactical vest (upper rear MOLLE grid required on upper back of tactical vest)
• Two optional rear torso support packs available for exoskeleton positioning over top of users’ tactical vest
• Provides excellent stability during quick movement and changes of direction
• Can be folded and stowed on rear torso when not in use
• Quick release device on shield end of support cable
Model ID: TRSSRS
Weight: 4.5 lbs / 2 kg
Material: Aluminum, composite, metallic hardware & proprietary cable
Coating(s): Powdercoat, Cerakote or Hydrodip
Extended Height: 37.5” / 94 cm
Folded Height: 23.1” / 59 cm
Colors: Black, Coyote Brown, Ranger Green & MultiCam
THE REAPER™ MOUNTING OPTIONS (3)
1. MOLLE ATTACH KIT – Model ID: TRMAK
For Mounting The Reaper™ exoskeleton to users tactical vest (requires upper back MOLLE grid)
Components: Tactical Belt, Lower Sleeve for adjusting height of upper curved support above head, and upper support sleeve
2. HEAVY DUTY PACK with full frame – Model ID: TRSSPF
Worn over tactical armor to support all six MRAPS® models.
3. LIGHT DUTY PACK – Model ID: TRSSLD
Worn over tactical armor. The Light Duty Pack is designed for simplicity of storage and use by first responders. Quick and easy: don, adjust, hook up shield & engage hostile rifle gunfire.
Perfect for supporting light and medium weight models of MRAPS® – including all three smaller size MRAPS® and two of the three size XL models – Light Duty Support Unit not recommended for use with the heavier MRAPS® models: M3-PP-XL with B-ROC option, or the M4-XL with / without the optional B-ROC.
B-ROC™ BALLISTIC ROUGH OPERATIONS COVER
Protects the ceramic strike face surface from handgun impacts and rough operations handling and can lower to protect MRAPS® Series users’ legs from handguns, shotgun and deflected rifle rounds. Also captures handgun projectiles for ballistic forensic identification and can be detached for use as an independent shield.
Optional for use on MRAPS® Series Extra-Large Size (XL) Models
- Accurate delivery of firepower – long guns & handguns
- Lightweight & durable
- Unique Composite / Honeycomb construction absorbs shock – maximizes appropriate response
- Lightweight & battle capable handhold system
- Battle hardened – exceptional multi-hit performance enhances safety
- Ambidextrous weapon platforms
- Easy & intuitive to use – seamlessly integrates into weapon training protocols
- Available with optional LED strobe & lighting system
- Available colors include: black, ranger green, coyote brown and tan
- POLICE or SHERIFF identification included
The B-ROC™ is an optional extra-large NIJ Level IIIA handgun, shotgun and rifle deflection / ricochet protective armor panel designed for use on the three extra-large size (XL) MRAPS® Series shield models (M3-P-XL, M3-PP-XL & M4-XL). This lightweight military grade polyethylene composite armor panel (level IIIA) ballistic protective armor is backed with high-strength honeycomb impact absorbing backing. Incorporating a foam standoff, the B-ROC™ can be affixed to the front strike face of all three models of MRAPS® Series extra-large (XL) size shields, offering the following safety enhancements:
• At users’ discretion the B-ROC™ instantly deploys from the strike face surface of the MRAPS® XL size models, dropping straight downwards, and hanging low to protect shield users’ legs from handgun, shotgun and deflected rifle rounds
• Can be quickly detached for use as an additional extra large sized shield during emergency situations (such as an officer or citizen rescue)
• The B-ROC™ protects ceramic strike face surfaces from damage inflicted by handgun impacts, severe operational rough treatment, and also contains ceramic splash from rifle rounds piercing the level IIIA composite
• Captures handgun projectiles intact and detaches for ease of forensic identification – enables the undamaged rifle rated MRAPS® Series XL shield to be kept in service (not needed as evidence)
Manufactured with high impact plastic sheet backed with shock absorbing foam, ROC’s are lightweight, thin and low cost protective covers that attach / detach with Velcro fasteners onto the strike face surface of the ceramic facing. The front surface of each B-ROC™ includes adequate Velcro for mounting identification patch and Baker Ballistics optional LED lighting system. ROC’s are available in all standard MRAPS® Series colors (Ranger Green, Black, Coyote Brown, Desert Tan/ Sand).
Model # B-ROC™
Weight: 9.7 lb (4.4 kg)
Max Thickness: 3.5” (8.9 cm) including foam standoff
Size: 32” tall x 20.5” wide (81.3 cm x 52 cm) NIJ Threat Level: Type IIIA
LED LIGHTING SYSTEM
High intensity LED lighting is available on all six MRAPS® Series rifle rated shields – emitting brilliant focused and wide angle lighting from the most appropriate mounted position, the lower central region of the shield.
• LED Light Array – 8 wide angle & 2 focused emitters with protective clear cover
• Wide angle assists detection of threats in the users’ peripheral vision
• LED Drive Control Unit – contains long life replaceable batteries, battery condition indicator, and three position switch
• 3 switch functions – high, low & strobe
• Remote switch activation on, off, & momentary – manipulated by the hand supporting the shield
• Durable aircraft aluminum construction
• Quality electrical cables and connectors
• Innovative mounting prevents wires snagging during rough use
• Easy & quick battery changes – no tools required
Model ID: M-LED-200-6L
Weight with batteries: 1.1 lbs / 0.5 kg
Max Output: 950 lumens
Run Time: High 3.5 hours / Low 26 hours @ 50F / 15C
Batteries: 6 each CR-123 lithium
Components (3): Light emitter, drive control unit, remote switch
SMALL ARMS RAPID RELOAD SYSTEM™ (SARRS)
The SARRS™ was specifically designed and developed to provide all users of AR-platform weapons speed reloading capability during operations with any model of MRAPS® Series ballistic shields.
High-speed reload capability is especially useful when delivering accurate “cover fire” to advance towards adversaries, or during dynamic rescue operations.
In the heat of battle, the ability to speed reload a fresh 30 round magazine in less than one second, while simultaneously keeping eyes downrange on threat, is simply awesome!
Model ID: SARRS-M4
Compatible Magazine: M-4 Magpul, 30 rounds
Materials: Composite & aircraft quality metallic structure & hardware
Mounting Surface: Popular T-Slot black anodized 80/20 rail (factory installed)
Weight: 0.6 lbs / 0.28 kg
REAPER OPTIMIZED HANDLE SYSTEM (ROHS)
The ROHS should only be considered if the shield will be EXCLUSIVELY used with The Reaper™ exoskeleton support. Permanent modifications are required for installation of the ROHS, which require exoskeleton support for proper balance and shield positioning characteristics.
The ROHS includes:
- Exoskeleton support cable one-hand attach and quick-release ability
- Padded forearm trauma reduction nest with Nylon loop keeps arm in contact with rear surface of shield
- Belly pad for additional stability and hands-free shield positioning
- Fully adjustable ambidextrous hand-hold handle
The ROHS allows the shield operator the ability of simple one-handed attachment of the support cable onto ROHS, which is located just above the shield’s center of gravity. The ROHS indexes the users’ forearm and hand into an ideal position to manipulate the weightless shield from a low position, horizontally across the abdomen – well below the shield’s center of gravity.
Model ID: ROHS-1
Components: Aircraft quality aluminum & skeletonized steel, closed cell foam padding, fully adjustable angle aluminum handle, military stubby plungers (2) for quick release and ambidextrous arm/hand positioning
Weight: 1.8 lbs / 0.8 kg
- ROHS is optional equipment on Model #’s M3-P-XL & M3-PP-XL
- ROHS is included as standard on Model # M4-XL
- Selecting the ROHS option on any MRAPS® Series XL size shield should NOT be considered if operations are to be conducted WITHOUT use of The Reaper™.
- The ROHS CANNOT be field installed – original factory installations only.
If permanent dedicated-man two-handed shield carry is desired (without weapon presentation), all three models of extra-large (XL) sized MRAPS® Series shields can be special ordered with the ROHS modified by addition of
Clip accessory enables the user of any regular size MRAPS® Series shield to temporarily raise the shield to a higher position than the hands-free standard Dual Bungee / Quick Release support system permits.
BELT CLIP USAGE PROVIDES USERS WITH EXTENSIVE HEAD COVERAGE AND REDUCES FATIGUE BY ELIMINATING THE NEED TO LIFT THE SHIELD HIGHER WHILE CONDUCTING THE FOLLOWING FAST OPERATIONS AND MOVEMENTS:
- Running / Sprinting
- Vigorously climbing stairs
- Maneuvering steep or rough terrain
Manufactured using skeletonized spring-metal, the Belt Clip is simply slipped down onto the central region of the users’ front waist and/or gun belt. The bottom edge of any of the three available threat levels of regular size MRAPS® Series shield models (M3-P-R, M3-PP-R & M4-R) indexes onto the clip, raising the shield.
Model ID: BC-MRAPS
Weight: 4 oz. (114 grams)
SIDE MOUNTING RAILS
Popular T-Slot black anodized 80/20 rails (factory installed) are an available option on all six models of MRAPS® Series of ballistic shields.
Positioned on both upper sides of the vertical shield edges, the 80/20 T-Slot rail system offers users nearly one thousand hardware mounts to facilitate attaching virtually any type of equipment imaginable to the upper vertical side edges of a MRAPS® Series shield.
Relevant examples of equipment a tactical shield user may desire to have securely mounted onto the side(s) of the shield: SARRS™ speed-loader, IR illuminator, thermal imager, mirror, communication gear, camera, lighting, mobile device, spare battery(s), breaching tool(s), monopod, etc.
Model ID: TS-80/20
Quantity: Two – one per side
Material: Aircraft quality aluminum
Mounting Surface: SAWS™ weapon mounts
Rail Total Usable Length (ea): 10.5” / 26.7 cm
CARBON FIBER MONOPOD
Create a stationary standing armored shooting position wherever desired! The Carbon Fiber Monopod is a lightweight portable shield accessory stowed fully collapsed on the interior of any of the six models of MRAPS® Series rifle protective ballistic shields.
FOLLOWING DEPLOYMENT, THIS HIGH-STRENGTH CARBON FIBER MONOPOD IS AN EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE ACCESSORY THAT:
- Supports the full weight of all models of MRAPS® Series rifle protective shields & fully loaded weapons with optics
- Provides a solid aiming platform for accurate long range shot placement
- Collapses then stows inside the rear surface of the shield for future use
Quickly adjusted, then balanced onto the bottom surface of the free-floating handle system, the monopod to provides support heights up to a maximum of 60.6” (154 cm), as measured from the base of the shield handle to the ground.
Model ID: MONO-MRAPS
Weight: 1.7 lbs. (0.77 kg)
Length collapsed: 17.3″ (44 cm)
Length fully opened: 60.6″ (154 cm)